Posted by / Saturday, October 26, 2013 / No comments / , ,

Church of St. Mary of the Angels

I was on the way back after buying my Crumpler from Orchard Rd. On the way back to the Kranji MRT station, I've been thinking of Fr. William Lee that was spending his day at St. Mary of the Angels in Bukit Batok. So, I stopped at the Bukit Batok train station and took a bus (number is 852 for the bus in case you want to get there) . In case you feel afraid, please do ask the bus driver to stop at the bus stop near to the Church and notify you.

The church was a contemporary Franciscan parish and they won several awards. The recent one was in 2007. The Kenneth F. Brown Asia Pacific and Architecture Design Award. For more list of awards, please go to their website.

Although I didn't manage to meet Fr. William, but I guess it was okay. Perhaps I will see him next time I go there.  Anyway, let's look inside the church compound.



The bamboo garden they had was amazing and you can feel that it combines with nature and u can just sit/kneel down and pray. 


This is the statue of St. Francis of Asisi, which is the founder of the Franciscan Order. St. Francis was known as the lover of all God's creation. Such examples like feeding the fierce wolf that had just ravished their flocks. He even preaches to the birds. To find about the stories, please click here


This is the way down to the columbariums, where the cremation are stored.



Statues of other saints were also placed in the columbariums. 




The quote from the bibles at the columbariums area, giving it a special touch and remembrance to the deceased during visit.


The picture above is a statue in remembrance of St Francis of Asisi that received stigmata.


This is the outside view of the church. From the picture, you can see there is a fountain in front of the church.


The church also provides a "Walk Around Guide" for those who visit the church. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy with the content of the blog I had today. Any inquiries, please do not hesitate to email to me or just drop a comment at the box below. Cheers.

Share This Post :
Tags : , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

recent

Popular Posts

Fanpage

Social Media

Get update news from my social media.