Posted by / Wednesday, July 24, 2013 / No comments / , ,

Sibu Town, Sarawak

Sibu which is also known as "Maling" is an island town that were populated of majority Fuzhou (Foo-chow) of Chinese community. I went there alone, last week to have fun and meet my best campust friend in UTM, Andy Lai. Andy was born and raised in Sibu, so he knows Sibu really well. On the first day I arrived Sibu ( since I took a bus from Kuching which is approximately 7 hours) I had checked in a hotel just opposite the terminal. According to Andy, that is the best hotel with affordable price and clean. It was the Medan Hotel. Since it is affordable, I took a twin bed with only RM75 per night. I reached Sibu at 2.30pm at that time. I took the earliest bus from Kuching Sentral. Bus price is only RM55. Andy told me that he want to go swimming that day together with Daniel. He invited me too


He picked me up around 3.15pm and he asked me whether I eat "kong-piah" a traditional Foo-chow food. He said that he could bring me around and eat before swimming. We stopped nearby a famous "kong-pia" maker in Sibu. Here's the picture: 




This is the shop that I'm talking about. The famous "kong-piah" maker in Sibu. Did you spot the aunty cooks and prepare the food?


This is the famous "kong-piah". The shop didn't open on a normal routine. It is depending on them when the shop open and usually those lucky ones that pass by the road will have the chance to eat there. This shop operates in a manner which is it will close when all the food is sold out. Then let's go hit the swimming pool.




Cheap and clean swimming pool of only RM2.00 per entry. 




The next day,  I went to the largest temple in Sibu. A half an hour drive needed to go here. I was lucky that Andy bring me here. 





Yes I am born in the year of the horse.




Grab for lunch at Katong Laksa, Sibu town after the trip.









Suddenly, a potential fire happens nearby. Fireman in action. 








Buddhist temple near Sibu town.


Day 3. Not to forget the signature Sibu food, kampua mee before going back to Kuching.





The last glance before going back to Kuching. 


Share This Post :
Tags : , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

recent

Popular Posts

Fanpage

Social Media

Get update news from my social media.