Posted by / Tuesday, December 3, 2013 / No comments / , ,

Dundee, The City of Discovery

It was last Saturday I was about to have my journey with Bilal, one of my colleague. 

Early morning about 8 am I wake up at Bilal room asking him what we are going to do today. Bilal, did wake up and said that let me prepare myself and will let you know later. I wait and wait till it is midday. Damn it, he still sleeping. I guess everyone was very tired and lazy on Saturday. At last, he wake up and told me whether I want to joined him to Dundee or not. I agreed although i know there is less time to take picture since about 4pm it is quite dark. So we took a train to Dundee. It took us about 30 minutes to Dundee. With no plan at all, we decided to go to the most obvious place from our observation. It was a ship and beside it was a musuem. So we went in.



I always wanted to jump in all places. So another jump near the discovery ship. Let me tell you something about the shop. It is over 100 years old and the first ship in the world to aboard to Antarctic 


Another view from the deck, behind me is the steering of the ship. Let's tour inside the ship. 


Inside the ship there is a mini musuem with the real view during the time when the crew on board preparing to go to Antartica. Behind me is showing the crew having good time and relax while playing cards. If they had a smartphone, im sure he will play Candy Crush or Angry Birds by then. Hahaha


This guy is the leader. His name is Captain Rober Falcon Scott for the ship name is Royal Research Ship (RRS) Discovery  and launched in 1901. 


A scene showing work being done at Antarctic 1902 and various research has been done at that time. 



After had fun in the musuem, we went for shopping. Quite a lot of Christmas Sale going on and I grab a Lonsdale trousers

Before went home, we went to eat Halal buffet at one of the street in Dundee. It was the first time eating Indian food in buffet style. Nice food anyway and cheap. 


Last but not least, i took the chance to take a picture at the Christmas tree in Dundee. It was one of a great unplanned journey with my friend Bilal. Till next time.. Bye

Share This Post :
Tags : , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

recent

Popular Posts

Fanpage

Social Media

Get update news from my social media.