Posted by / Wednesday, April 4, 2012 / No comments / ,

Visit To The Old Folks Home


My visit to the Old Folks Home last Sunday really worth it. On the very first day of April 2012, I did a charity which I found that meaningful to give heart-full smile to the folks. The old folks home, Graceville was located just beside Majodi Catholic Centre in Plentong, Johor. A 30 minutes drive from UTM campus. About 14 persons from CSS GIFT ( Catholic Student Society Growing In Faith Together ) came for the visit.  

We arrived at Graceville at sharp 1000hrs. We were welcomed by the person in charge there ( which I hardly remembered her named, so sorry bout that) and the first activity that we done were singing two entry songs. When we started to sing and make action according to the song, they laughed and smile. I wondered why they are left behind at the home. Such a pity when they are old, their children abandoned them. 


After the singing session, we were given a task to talk to the old folks. Each person get one person to talk to. And I get this uncle that you can see from the picture above. Honestly, I would said that it is hard for me to start the conversation. I don't know what topic I should asked. I afraid that it might hurt his feeling. There's a lot of question in my mind, but I am shy to asked. So, I asked his name and we took the conversation about 30 minutes. 

His name is Wuei Lu ( correct me if I'm wrong). According to him, he is now 85  years old. He loves coffee and loves to do gardening in the evening.He loves to dance too. I realised that when we do action song, he was very into it. :)) He had two daughters and two sons. His wife just past away last year and I guess he is pretty lonely. His children called him once in a week through telephone and pay visit to him once a year. Hmm..When he was young , he build ship. Some are big and some are small. Anyone who read this, please pray for him because he needs to undergo cancer surgery soon. 

After an hour at Graceville, it is time to go back to our campus. We can't make the visit long because we understand that the elders can't afford to stay for long. So that is why we on;y make the visit short. Thank to the God that makes this trip a success and hopefully in the future, I will join a lot of activity like this. 
Share This Post :
Tags : ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

recent

Popular Posts

Fanpage

Social Media

Get update news from my social media.